See active Windows share access & open files
– From the command line type “net session” which will show active file share access and the computer and user that is actively using/accessing a Windows share.
Method 2 (recommended)
– Right click the Start button.
– Go to “Computer Management”
– Find and expand “Shared Folders”.
– To see specific files being accessed by specific users, find and select “Open Files” to see what files are being access by a specific user.
– To see specific active sessions by users, find and select “Sessions” to see which user is actively connected to a Windows share, their computer name/IP and if they have open files and the number of open files that they have.